Senior Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
New York, NY, United States
Job TitleSenior Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
The software quality assurance team at Business Wire is a mix of QA engineers and test automation engineers working on a wide array of applications ranging from legacy to cloud. We support multiple development teams in several product areas. We focus on continuous improvement and finding better ways to test so that we can deliver great software and products. We are a diverse team, and we are always learning.
The Senior QA Automation Engineer writes test code in our custom test automation framework. Tests are code, and you’ll be writing lots of test classes and methods, but you will also be writing data and business models to support parametrization as well as application wrappers to support the testing of additional applications and services. You will investigate and determine how to automate testing of applications and services, and you will be responsible for maintaining tests and the core framework as the applications under test change, sprint to sprint.
You will mentor and support more junior automators and our manual testers as they learn how to write automation; you will be very involved in code reviews.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Fluency in the product life cycle, including software development methodologies
- Must have advanced understanding of test automation concepts and methods
- Write effective and clean Python code to solve complex problems
- Proficient in HTTP and web protocols
- Demonstrated ability for complex problem solving
- 8+ years of QA experience showing increasing skill and responsibility; you should have a deep understanding of QA standards and software project lifecycle.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in industry-specific programming languages, specifically Python (because you will be coding in Python); you should have solid and demonstrable scripting skills. We will ask to see code samples.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming (in a language that’s not Java, for example Python).
- Direct experience with a unit test runner, preferably pytest.
- Extensive experience with the validation and/or development of enterprise-class software applications.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in manual and automatic software testing methodology, test development, and test execution.
- Strong experience actually writing automated tests, against web sites, services, APIs (REST and SOAP), and integrations between applications.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, and with testing in an Agile context.
- Experience with continuous integration build tools, like Jenkins.
- Experience with open source test tools, like Selenium and Appium.
- Experience with distributed version control systems, like git.
- Hands on experience designing and building a test automation framework using open-source tools.
- Hands-on experience developing applications would be a bonus.
- Experience testing React applications would be a bonus, whether with manual or automated tests.
About the Company
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
- Contact: Business Wire
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://jobs.lever.co/businesswire/badbe8a2-d85c-4289-920a-73cf952fb289