Senior Python CMS Developer
Antimicrobial Therapy, Inc.
Sperryville (remote possible), VA, United States
Job TitleSenior Python CMS Developer
We are Antimicrobial Therapy, Inc., a small but mighty family-owned and operated medical information company, and we’re looking for a personable and passionate Senior Python CMS Developer to join our team in Sperryville, Virginia (post-pandemic remote work may be negotiable for the right candidate). If you’ve ever wanted to take ownership of a system from back-end to front-end, adding features and functionality that directly help people, this is your opportunity! Our systems are in use by hundreds of thousands of medical professionals around the globe, and provide them with information and tools that improve the care that patients receive.
We are looking for a Senior Developer who will serve as lead on our Python-based content management system (Plone), which we’ve been using and building for over a decade. The successful hire is someone who is self-driven and works independently, but also wants to be an integral part of a collaborative, agile, and interdisciplinary team. Ongoing participation in the greater Plone/Python community is encouraged.
We believe in investing in our staff. Opportunities for online and onsite career development will be available, including but not limited to collaboration with the Plone/Python community and attendance at professional conferences as approved by management. This is a full-time, salaried position with excellent benefits.
Your primary duties will include:
- Serving as the lead developer for our Plone content management system
- Designing and implementing custom CMS add-on products
- Troubleshooting and optimizing CMS performance
- Ensuring the CMS is hardened and in compliance with best security practices
- Monitoring CMS usage to identify opportunities for optimization and interoperability with other systems
- Soliciting requirements from stakeholders, and designing and implementing solutions to satisfy those requirements
- Monitoring changes to the Plone CMS and other CMS options to help strategize future enhancements to our content management system and processes
- Collaborating with software development team to improve design proposals and perform code reviews
- Writing and conducting test plans
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to maintain and improve our software development process
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
We consider the following to be required qualifications for this position:
- Fluency in Python
- Proficiency in Content Management System administration
- Experience in custom add-on development
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies
- Self-motivated go-getter who requires little to no supervision
- Collaborative attitude
- Excellent communicator
- Willingness to assist with company needs as appropriate
- Four-year college degree
- Attention to detail (please mention your favorite dessert in your cover letter)
- Strong fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Currently eligible to work in the United States
We consider the following to be desired qualifications for this position:
- Proficiency in Plone and Zope
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar
- Apache Web Server Administration
- Amazon Web Services experience
- Ability to explain technical processes to both experts and laypeople
- Willingness to join us on-site at least two days per week (negotiable)
About the Company
Antimicrobial Therapy, Inc., publisher of the Sanford Guides, develops and deploys digital content and tools for physicians, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals in the field of infectious diseases.
Candidates should be interested in working in an informal environment and collaborating with a small group of colleagues. The office is located in a rural setting near Shenandoah National Park, and is within a 1 hour commute of northern Harrisonburg, Front Royal, Culpeper, Warrenton, and Gainesville. Remote work may be considered for the right candidate. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about working in a tight-knit environment, enjoy both collaborative and self-driven work, and have a strong sense of humor.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- 100% health coverage
- 401(k) profit sharing
- Annual year-end bonus
- 24 days paid leave to start (grows with tenure)
- 11-12 paid holidays
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to take ownership of a system that’s integral to optimizing medical care worldwide
- Relaxed, casual work environment
Send a cover letter (doesn't need to be an essay) and resume to the Contact email.