Software Engineer II
Remote, Remote, USA
Job TitleSoftware Engineer II
As a software engineer at Ambry you’ll design and develop custom software, systems, and integrations. Software engineers work with a team of fellow software engineers, QA engineers, and business systems analysts in an agile/scrum process to deliver enhanced product value. In addition to writing code, the successful candidate will design technical solutions with IT operations teams, participate in scrum ceremonies, and work with stakeholders to understand workflows and requests. As level 2 engineers, candidates are expected to complete tasks assigned to them, but are also expected to utilize critical thinking to identify design issues and propose technical or functional enhancements.
Job Responsibilities - What you'll do
- Design and develop software according to ticket specifications
- Participate on both sides of code review – giving and receiving feedback
- Team Engagement
- Participate in scrum ceremonies, including backlog grooming, sprint planning, and daily standups
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Meet with stakeholders to understand workflows
- Help leads and systems analysts curate tickets, providing workflow analysis
- Monitor process and log information and troubleshoot problems identified
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Job Requirements - What you'll need
- Competency in translating functional requirements into technical requirements
- Confident ability to develop applications in Python, preferably Python3.
- Experience in other object-oriented languages like PHP or Java is a plus.
- Experience with modern framework, Flask (preferred), or Django is highly recommended.
- Testing proficiency using a tool like Pytest is a plus.
- Strongly recommend experience with frontend frameworks like ReactJS
- Good understanding of relational databases, ex: MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MSSQL
- Experience with using non-relational databases, ex: MongoDB
- Ability to effectively use version control, including ability to branch and merge in git
- Ability to programmatically read and write a variety of structured and unstructured formats, such as JSON, CSV, and XML
- Experience with production and consumption of web services (ex: REST, SOAP, AMQP)
- Basic understanding and usage of Docker container
- 1-3 years previous experience in software engineering
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science (or similar relevant specialization) or equivalent professional experience
- Certifications in cloud technologies, containers, security, or other technology may be beneficial
About the Company
Ambry Genetics Corporation is a CAP-accredited and CLIA-licensed molecular genetics laboratory based in Aliso Viejo, California. We are a genetics-based healthcare company that is dedicated to open scientific exchange so we can work together to understand and treat all human disease faster.
At Ambry, everyone is welcome. A career at Ambry Genetics is a chance to be part of a dynamic company that aims to improve health by understanding the relationships between genetics and human disease. We earned our reputation as industry leaders by responsibly introducing cutting-edge genetic testing solutions and continually sharing what we learn with the global scientific community.
At Ambry you will be learning, challenging yourself, and having fun while collaborating with teammates through the open exchange of ideas. Our outstanding benefits program includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, FSA, and generous paid time off (PTO) program. Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we maintain a drug-free work environment.
Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.