Remote, United States
Job TitleSoftware Engineer
Torqata, a subsidiary data and analytics company of American Tire Distributors (ATD), is searching for an outstanding Software Engineer. As a member of a growing startup, you will have the opportunity to participate in the ongoing buildout of the most digitally connected and insightful analytics organization in the tire industry. You must be passionate about working with cutting edge technologies including building rich, containerized APIs for deployment within a cloud-native environment. You will work in a collaborative ecosystem alongside a world-class data science and software engineering team to solve some of the most challenging problems in the industry through new products and innovations. You will be working on high impact initiatives to drive growth and economic profitability for Torqata and its customers by accelerating current and new offerings. You will work on one or many product teams at any given time. You will be free to explore and propose new technologies or solutions but, as such, are expected to be a capable independent problem solver. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, always learning, willing to share their knowledge and experience, and, most of all, excited to be part of a company building new, impactful applications to bring to market. He/she should have a great attitude and commitment to get the job done.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build scalable and robust Python-based APIs using a combination of tools including Pandas, FastAPI, and SQLAlchemy
- Deploy these APIs to managed container services including App Engine and Kubernetes as well as serverless Google Cloud Functions, depending upon associated requirements
- Interacting directly with various cloud-based (Google Cloud Platform) storage systems such as PostgreSQL and Redis
- Partner with technical leads, product managers, data engineers, data scientists, designers, and other software engineers to build compelling, novel user-facing products
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of application system resources
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Strong core Python experience
- Proficient in at least one Python API framework such as Flask, Django, or FastAPI (FastAPI preferred)
- Strong SQL database skills (PostgreSQL preferred) including writing/optimizing efficient queries and leveraging advanced ORM features with SQLAlchemy
- Experience with building, debugging and optimization of production-ready APIs
- Software delivery experience in a Cloud/DevOps environment, GitFlow, and containerization
- Ability to navigate and work within a Linux environment
- Familiar with schema validation and modeling libraries such as Pydantic or Marshmallow
- Experience data munging with numpy, scipy, pandas, and similar libraries.
- Knowledge of the OpenAPI specificiation and building API documentation with tools like Swagger
- Previous experience with Google Cloud Platform: App Engine, Storage, CloudSQL (data offerings such as GCS, BigQuery, cloudSQL are a plus)
- Experience working directly with data science/advanced analytics workflows
About the Company
Torqata’s powerful data platform and suite of analytics products has been designed to enable manufacturers, retailers and distributors to work smarter, more collaboratively and drive better results across the industry.
We are a data and analytics services and software start-up in the automotive and tire industry seeking to position itself as the premier provider of such services through increased visibility throughout the tire value chain and unified reconciliation of data across disparate sources such a point-of-sale data, aggregated inventory, OE production data, product information, sales forecasts, introduction of a Blockchain ecosystem, etc.
Our frontend stack is Angular. Our backend API stack is Python, FastAPI, and PostgreSQL. Our data stack is Google BigQuery, Airflow, Kubernetes, Pandas and Python. We're on the Google Cloud Platform.
Jobs are posted in Charlotte, NC and the rest of the team is there but hires can work remotely permanently.
- Contact: David Gilman
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://atd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Torqata_Data_and_Analytics/job/Huntersville-NC/Software-Engineer--Torqata_R14099-2