Lead Solutions Architect
Remote, United States
Job TitleLead Solutions Architect
Torqata, a subsidiary data and analytics company of American Tire Distributors (ATD), is looking for an outstanding Lead Solution Architect to take on primary responsibility for leading a team to support the ongoing development and maintenance of data processing pipeline infrastructure that underlies Torqata’s SaaS tools and point-of-sale integrations. As one of the key technology leaders within Torqata, you will drive all aspects of the cloud architecture, data ingestion pipeline (both real-time and batch), performance enhancements, and technology components including connectors, transformers, cleansers, analyzers, QA, release management, and monitoring. You will lead and coach a cross-functional team to deliver performant cloud-based data infrastructure that serves the needs of core business applications. The individual needs to be a driven, independent problem solver with outstanding cloud data engineering and leadership skills. The ideal candidate must have very strong communication and analytical skills, an ability to work as part of an Agile team, and a driven curiosity to solve challenging problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Fully own all aspects of the Torqata cloud data platform including delivering new pipeline features and maintaining/improving existing ones
- Interface with Torqata’s executive leadership and ensure that a roadmap of platform features is executed outstandingly and in a timely matter
- Develop cloud-based systems for ingesting customer and 3rd party data across multiple sources in real time and via streaming processes.
- Evaluate available technology options and make recommendations for solutions to data engineering problems in a way that pragmatically meets business requirements.
- Build ETL/ELT processes on jointly defined requirements for the data pipeline
- Implement monitoring systems with notifications, dashboards, and other analytical mechanisms to the goal of understanding the health and performance of the platform and facilitating diagnosis of issues.
- Perform RDBMS management tasks such as query optimization, DDL, view creation, permission management, index recommendation, etc.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Support bug fixing and performance analysis along the data pipeline
- Analyze and manage third party and other external data sets
- Follow an agile development methodology
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
- Education: BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related subject
- Experience: 7+ years of experience working with cloud data architectures, data wrangling and pipelining, data modeling/normalization, database design/development, and data analysis.
- 5+ years team management and leadership experience that includes technical product management
- Experience working with Product Managers and Product Designers
- Experience building data pipelines working with at least one major cloud provider (GCP preferred but not required)
- Cloud architecture experience with firm understanding of well-architected framework
- Experience with Big Data technology stacks eg, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop
- Experience productizing APIs and data
- Expert python experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Independent problem solver capable of recommending and subsequently delivering effective data solutions
- Experience or strong interest in building and scaling a product in a growth stage startup
- Curious, driven, critical-thinking problem solver
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
- Experience with Blockchain (eg, IBM Blockchain Platform)
About the Company
Torqata’s powerful data platform and suite of analytics products has been designed to enable manufacturers, retailers and distributors to work smarter, more collaboratively and drive better results across the industry.
We are a data and analytics services and software start-up in the automotive and tire industry seeking to position itself as the premier provider of such services through increased visibility throughout the tire value chain and unified reconciliation of data across disparate sources such a point-of-sale data, aggregated inventory, OE production data, product information, sales forecasts, introduction of a Blockchain ecosystem, etc.
- Contact: David Gilman
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://atd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Torqata_Data_and_Analytics/job/Huntersville-NC/Lead-Solutions-Architect--Torqata_R14600-2