Senior Full Stack Python Engineer
Santa Monica, California, USA
Job TitleSenior Full Stack Python Engineer
# All the variety without any of the risk.
We have tons of ideas that we want to explore. You've got ideas too. Let's get together and make them a reality. From a text-based, Slack-enabled version of Among Us to Ph.D. theses turned algorithmic trading bot, come join Mucker Capital's internal incubator as we build the next money-making machine.
And if you have a penchant for data wrangling, data pipelines, and machine learning models, we'd like your help with that as well. Our team has been hard at work assembling various data sources to build a venture capital prediction engine.
## WHO YOU ARE
You enjoy working on different projects and aren't afraid to call your baby ugly. You know the power of fast iteration, and fully embrace the test & learn methodology. You're an independent thinker, but also collaborative and always willing to lend a hand.
You're able to be autonomous, yet understand the importance of communication and alignment. Loosely coupled, tightly aligned, as they say. You are not married to any technology or solution and believe in the right tool for the job.
You not only believe in being data-driven, but you live it. This means you understand that you can't improve what you don't measure.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
## WHAT YOU'LL DO
- conceptualize, ideate, and iterate on problems, solutions, and ideas in order to build out a product roadmap of ideas to build
- design, implement, and deploy solutions to problems and prototypes of ideas which includes the full life cycle of software development in an agile development environment
- learn whatever you need to learn as we explore new ideas and projects, so that we can build the next big thing
- measure product performance by investing in and building the necessary monitoring and analytics tools
## WHAT YOU'LL NEED (for full stack)
- at least 4 years of full-stack software engineering experience as part of a team of other software engineers
- experience with front-end development frameworks such as React, Vue.js, or Next.js and CSS libraries like tailwindcss or Bootstrap
- experience with backend development including API design and development, database design and data modeling, performance tuning, service-oriented architecture (SOA) or microservices
- experience with MVC frameworks like Django or Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- experience with cloud platforms like Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
## WHAT YOU'LL NEED (for data science)
- experience with data science notebooks like Jupyter, Zeppelin, or Google Colab
- experience with data science libraries like pandas, scikit-learn, or TensorFlow
- experience with data pipelines, ELT / ETL processes, and data wrangling
- general understanding of machine learning concepts like supervised vs. unsupervised learning, training sets, and overfitting
About the Company
## WHO WE ARE
Mucker Capital started about 10 years ago and has grown from an accelerator to cover everything from pre-seed to series A investments.
We are a small group of like-minded problem solvers that loves building things, whether it's a portfolio of amazing founders and startups or the next crazy in-house idea.
Our office is located off Main Street in Santa Monica, California with an open floor plan. We offer free office space for our portfolio companies, so you'll always be in good company.
We offer above-market salaries, and you'll receive equity in every idea or startup that you build. It's like being your own VC.
- Contact: Paul Sri
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://www.notion.so/Mucker-Capital-Senior-Full-Stack-Engineer-0ea0160d66424a0883a2c7506789c390