Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead
Mountain View, CA, USA
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer, Team Lead
SimpleLegal is a legal tech startup, headquartered in Mountain View, that is innovating the way corporate legal teams work. Used by the legal departments at Reddit, Alphabet, GitHub, and over 250 more, we are quickly becoming the SaaS platform of choice for enterprise legal teams. Sales has Salesforce, Legal has SimpleLegal.
Our culture focuses on ownership, transparency, and community. Development is light on process and every developer makes an impact, usually merging code within their first week. We have dedicated frontend engineers, so backend engineers occasionally dip into full-stack, but primarily focus on the backend.
The engineering team watches and discusses tech talks over lunch once a week. Every fifth week is reserved for self-assigned work: experiment with a library; build an internal tool; improve the company for yourself and your coworkers as you see fit. We also have a liberal open-source policy for personal projects, and have released a few packages of our own, as well: https://github.com/simplelegal
- We are open to consider candidates outside of the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
- The Development team is based on the West Coast.
- Remote work is allowed for this role.
- Lead and coordinate development with globally distributed teams
- Lead and coordinate development and maintenance of features in our Django/React application.
- Able to roll up your sleeves and be hands on
- Debug difficult technical issues
- Review code written by your colleagues
- Communicate with Product, Marketing, Support, and Customer Success to refine requirements, document features, and debug production issues.
- Assist with hiring and mentoring team members
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of Python experience
- 2+ years experience working with SQL Databases
- 1+ years experience as a tech lead
- Experience leading and driving projects to successful completion
- Experience working with Python Web frameworks (Django, Flask)
- Experience with Git and Docker
- 1+ year of Scrum Master experience
- B2B SaaS experience
- Interest in project and people management
Our Tech Stack
- Medical + Dental + Vision
- 401K match
- Paid maternity and paternity program
- Game nights
- Open-source policy
About the Company
- Contact: Carlos DeLeon
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://simplelegal.applytojob.com/apply/R8DxMBwqtd/Senior-Software-Engineer-Team-Lead?source=PythonJobs