Open, Remote, United States
Job TitleSenior Developer
ur team is committed to enhancing physician and patient quality of life through Elation, a SaaS cloud-based clinical platform. Since inception, we’ve been focused on building a delightful world-class experience that empowers physicians to deliver phenomenal care to patients.
Elation is looking for a Senior Backend focused Software Engineer with a deep understanding of APIs, systems and performance. Elation’s development team is a small group of experienced and talented engineers who are passionate about our product and users. As a member of the team you’ll be working as a member of one of our product teams; building systems and owning impact.
We value diversity - great talent and ideas can come from everywhere! We've built a development team that is distributed across North America, coming from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. We strongly encourage women and people from under-represented communities to apply. For this particular role we prefer candidates in North American timezones.
- Collaborate to improve the core services and APIs central to our platform
- Ship improvements and new features
- Communicate across engineering, product, and customer-facing teams to understand our users
- Support team members through code review and thoughtful collaboration
- Improve our engineering standards and processes
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 5+ years experience in software development roles
- Proficiency in Python, experience with Django
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases
- Empathy for our users and colleagues
- Curiosity about our users and healthcare delivery
- Experience troubleshooting challenging issues
- Growth mindset and a passion for learning and improvement
- Experience delivering SaaS products and working with AWS or other cloud hosting providers a plus
About the Company
Elation Health is a mission-driven healthcare startup dedicated to strengthening the physician-patient relationship. After countless hours shadowing physicians and watching how they use patient medical records in their practices, our team of passionate, tech-savvy individuals designed Elation to make it easy for physicians to provide comprehensive, personalized and proactive care to their patients.
Founded in 2010 by siblings, Kyna and Conan Fong, Elation’s Clinical First philosophy and intuitive design is trusted by thousands of clinicians. Elation’s investors include top design firm IDEO, former Stanford Hospital Clinics CEO Martha Marsh, and Facebook Chief Product Officer, Chris Cox. For more information, visit www.elationhealth.com.