What does the Python Software Foundation do?
- Awards grants and provides resources for furthering the development and adoption of Python.
- Organizes and hosts the annual PyCon US conference. 2019 brought together 3,393 attendees from 55 countries, a new record for PyCon US! Our sponsors’ support enabled us to award $137,200 USD to 143 attendees.
- Pays for hardware and other costs for hosting the python.org servers.
- Hosts the Python Packaging Index.
- Supports CPython directly through the CPython Developer in Residence
- Holds and defends the copyright and other intellectual property rights for the Python programming language.
- Provides infrastructure and operations support to 13 regional conferences, meetups, and Python projects as a fiscal sponsor.
- Recognizes individuals who have contributed to the Python community with Community Awards.
The PSF is a public charity under section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code. For more information, see the PSF IRS Determination Letter for details. Please consult your tax adviser to determine the tax deductibility of your gift to the PSF.
How can I donate?
We welcome contributions of any amount. You can support the PSF with a one-time donation, monthly donation, or annual donation to support all of our great initiatives. See below for more information and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Donate by credit card or PayPal
Please use the button above or this link to donate using a credit card or your PayPal account. You don't need a PayPal account to use the donation button.
Check or Money Order
You may donate to the PSF using a check or money order. Please address checks in USD to the PSF headquarters.
Please include your email address and your home address with your check so that we may provide you a donation acknowledgment letter.
Zelle, ACH, Transferwise, and Wire Transfers
The PSF may receive donations by Zelle or ACH from US Domestic accounts, Transferwise from either US Domestic or International accounts, or Wire Transfers from International accounts. If you are interested in donating to the PSF using one of these methods, please contact email@example.com..
Other Ways to Give
If you have questions about donations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donor Honor Roll
The PSF would like to thank the following donors for their contributions. Donors are listed in descending order using an algorithm that takes into account both the amount of donation and the age of the donation, based on all donations received within the past three years.